- SUPERSOIL is co-composted biosolids and green waste compost mixed with sand.
- BIOSOLIDS is solid waste out of a waste water treatment plant.
- SLUDGE sediment deposited during the treatment of sewage
- ADEQ Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality
- EPA Environmental Protection Agency
WHAT IS CO-COMPOSTED BIOSOLIDS?:
- Co-Composted biosolids is waste water treatment plant sludge and yard waste composted over a period of 8 months or longer if necessary. ACl’s process to compost uses thermophilic bacteria.
- Since 1991 ACI has been making Class A products under EPA 40 CFR 503 and State Regulation 22. Simply put, our finished product must exceed 55 degrees Celsius to 131 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 days to be considered Class A. AC l’s process is 8 weeks or longer. Our process has to meet both State and Federal standards to become compost for consumer use. This record keeping must be kept on file at the facility and must be readily available for ADEQ and/or EPA review and inspection upon request.
- To meet ACl’s high quality compost, compost is actively processed for 6 to 7 months at temperatures ranging from 131 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature threshold kills off any pathogenic contaminations and weed seeds. There are no impacts from herbicides or pesticides in the finished compost because of the extensive composting process. The co-composted biosolids windrows are randomly and independently tested quarterly by ACI and the waste water treatment plant. The testing is extensive and includes testing for fecal coliform and salmonella among other contaminants. The results of the testing are analyzed by an environmental engineer and the results are kept on file at the facility and must be readily available for ADEQ and/or EPA review and inspection upon request.
WHAT’S IN SUPERSOIL?:
- We use our Compost, co-composted biosolids, and sand to make Supersoil. It is a 70 to 30 percent ratio. (i.e., 70% Co-Compost to 30% Sand)
IS SUPERSOIL SAFE TO USE?:
- YES! OUR SUPERSOIL IS SAFE TO USE!
HOW SHOULD I USE SUPERSOIL?:
- We sell Supersoil as a soil amendment and it is not regulated by the Plant Board because it is a soil amendment. Supersoil is NOT an all organic product or fertilizer.
- The benefit of Supersoil to your soil; it has all the trace elements that are missing from the soil. Supersoil adds more nutrients to the soil.
- Supersoil is great for planting trees, shrubs, and sodding. We do not recommend Supersoil for container pots or raised beds because the porosity is too high to retain water. You can use Supersoil on your vegetable garden. Our Supersoil has been used as a soil amendment in back yard gardening for over 23 years! We have many documented users telling us about the greater yield from their gardens and the user friendliness of our Supersoil.
- Any compost that is fully composted using ACl’s high standards will have an immediate and direct benefit to any plant.
We hope this information helps to clear up the misunderstanding(s) about this product. Should you have any questions about our Supersoil or any other by-product we produce, please do not hesitate to contact us at (501) 945-8888.